Marriage is Love

      
Marriage is love.

Google Ad

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Local Knoxville News of HIV/AIDS counselor

I found this article in the News Sentinel, and I am truly inspired by it. This woman, Dr. Jeanne Gillian, has worked for 13 years counseling people who have been diagnosed with HIV and AIDS. She works at a volunteer center at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center, along with many other volunteers. The amount of stress and time-consumption she must experience is truly inspirational.

She was personally affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic back was she was just getting started with all of this. Her son was diagnosed with HIV and eventually died because of it's horrible complications. She can personally relate, and it's very tragic.

I plan to contact her in some way, whether by mail or phone, to let her know how much I appreciate her efforts; they are simply wonderful. I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment