Marriage is Love

      
Marriage is love.

Google Ad

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Way for Me to Get Involved

In case you didn't already know, I'm moving to Orlando, FL (WOOOOOO!) in just 10 days!!! Well, while I'm there, I hope to get a good foothold in the gay scene and really get to see what's up with gays in another part of the world--especially one such gaytopia as Orlando!

Here's a possible political angle I very much plan to look into. According the Pink News.com, a campaign spearheaded by Sex and the City out star, Cynthia Nixon, will be launched this year. It is a 3-year campaign from the American Civil Liberties Union attacking the currently legal gay adoption ban.

Now, I don't know the first thing about the current laws in Florida, except that they're either the only place or one of the few places in America where gay adoption is illegal, which is just terrible. I'm pretty sure a small child in either an adoption agency or foster care isn't going to care what gender his/her parents will be, as long they are super loving.

A ban on gay adoption needs to happen, and I'm definitely to continue researching this topic and give you more insight while in Florida. If you know anything, please feel free to contact me at mitcharp@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment