Marriage is Love

      
Marriage is love.

Google Ad

Monday, October 19, 2009

Vampire Love Makes Sense Now

Yes, I'm a Twilight fanatic, and I never understood why. I always pegged it to the eternal love of the two main characters, Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, and all of the wonderfully hot sexual tension they experience throughout all 4 books, but now I know differently. I have been corrected by Esquire magazine.

In a recent article they published, they attribute Twilight's startling success to the fact that its most popular demographic, straight women, love Edward Cullen so much because they can never have him. In the story, Bella is first attracted to him not only because he's amazingly good looking and mysterious, but because he appears to be completely disgusted by her.

Where does that sound familiar? Gay boys!

All the little gay boys in high school who were either closeted or still questioning had all the girls chasing after them because the girls couldn't have them. It makes perfect sense now.

But wait, why do I love Edward then? I'm gay, so why should I feel these feelings like straight girls? O, I know. It's because I know Edward is straight, which means I can never have him. What good logic.

Advocate article

No comments:

Post a Comment