Marriage is Love

      
Marriage is love.

Google Ad

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jamie Lee Curtis with some Good Insight

While I was checking my daily news sites, I came across an interesting blog post from Actress Jamie Lee Curtis. She was talking about how when she saw the inspirational movie, Bucket List, she was moved to tears at the very end of the movie during the credits by the song, Say, by John Mayer.

I'm sure you've heard this song; I hear it on the radio all of the time. I did not really listen to it though until I read this blog. The song really is very inspirational, especially from an LGBT standpoint.

At some point in our lives, all gay people are in the closet. We are forced to hide for fear of what might happen to us. Some come out; some don't. I think it's important to realize the value that comes from letting people know who you are.

I'm not going to go into some "come out" rant. That's not my style, nor the point of this blog. From what Jamie said, I think it's important to realize that we don't have forever to say what is hiding inside of us. Life could be taken away in an instant, and then the chance is gone. Even if it doesn't have anything to do with being gay, it's important to express yourself, your feelings, your thoughts, while you still can.

So get out there, and "say what you need to say."

Huffington.com blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment