Marriage is Love

      
Marriage is love.

Google Ad

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lambda Student Union

I recently mentioned my participation in the Lambda Student Union, and I would like to take a moment to briefly explain what it is.

The Lambda Student Union is a UT campus organization that was established to act as a network for students to serve needs of communication, friendship, insight into the LGBTA world, and to be a place for students to go to feel safe and have someone to talk to. I don't know how long it's been going for, but I know it's been a while.


I've been a member for almost 2 years now, and I currently serve as Historian and Treasurer. It has been one of the greatest experiences of my life; it's something I wouldn't change for anything.

Lambda is very involved both on campus and in the community. We host several events throughout the year and are planning to add even more to our agenda. Some events include recognizing World Aids Day, National Coming Out Day, the National Day of Silence, and our annual Lambda Luau. We also try to collaborate with other on-campus organizations, including the LGBT Commission. If you want to work with us, don't hesitate to let us know.

We like to have fun too, of course. We hold Movie/Game Nights, a bi-annual Drag Show, and many of our members host their own parties that all members are welcome to attend.

It's a really fun organization that I hope you'll get to know much better through my blog. I'm going to start posting blogs about the events that happen involving Lambda, so look forward to those!

No comments:

Post a Comment